Formula Drift Round 6: Aasbo Conquers the Podium
The Norwegian Hammer, Fredric Aasbo, strikes with full force to take the win at Round 6 of Formula Drift! As the finale approaches it’s do or die for all Formula Drift drivers aspiring for the championship.
Top 4 of the event were Forrest Wang, Odis Bakchis, Chris Forsberg, and Fredric Aasbo. In the battle between Bakchis and Wang, Bakchis moved onto Final 2 after a solid run in his Nissan 240sx.
Championship leader Chris Forsberg, in the Seibon equipped Nissan 370z, battled Seibon teammate Fredric Aasbo and his Seibon equipped Scion tC for a spot in the Final. Ultimately it was Aasbo that moved onto the finals after being contacted by Forsberg. The Final battle came down to Aasbo and Bakchis. Unfortunately for Bakchis, he spun out in the second run giving Aasbo the event victory.
Chris Forsberg remains championship leader with 493 points. Right behind are Fredric Aasbo with 467 points and Vaughn Gittin JR with 359.50 points.
The final round of the 2014 Formula DRIFT Championship season will go down on October 10-11 at Irwindale Speedway. Join Seibon Carbon to witness history!
Formula DRIFT Championship Standings After Round 6
1. Forsberg, Chris Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 493.00 Points
2. Aasbo, Fredric Hankook Tire Scion Racing tC 467.00 Points
3. Gittin Jr., Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 359.50 Points
4. Bakchis, Aurimas “Odi” Feal Suspension / Nitto Tire Nissan 240SX 328.00 Points
5. Moen, Kenneth Bridges Racing Nissan 240SX 293.00 Points
6. McNamara, Darren Falken Tire Nissan S14 280.50 Points
7. Pawlak, Justin Falken Tire Ford Mustang 259.50 Points
8. Wang, Forrest Get Nuts Lab / Hankook Tire / STR Racing Nissan S14 257.50 Points
9. Kearney, Dean Oracle Lighting Dodge Viper SRT 252.00 Points
10. Tuerck, Ryan Retaks Maxxis Tires Air Force PSI Scion FR-S 213.00 Points
11. Grunewald, Conrad Megan Racing / Top 1 Oil / BRE Chevrolet Camaro 211.50 Points
12. Nishida, Robbie Achilles Radial / Bridges Racing Lexus SC300 208.50 Points
13. Gushi, Ken GReddy Performance / Scion Racing Drift FR-S 192.50 Points
14. McQuarrie, Tyler GoPro / Mobil 1 Chevrolet Camaro 188.50 Points
15. Essa, Michael Essa Autosport / Yokohama BMW M3 183.50 Points
16. DeNofa, Chelsea BC Racing / Nitto Tire BMW 3-Series 172.50 Points
*Seibon Carbon drivers in bold.
Formula Drift official press release here.
Fredric Aasbo’s Scion tC runs a Seibon Carbon OEM style hood. Find Scion tC parts here.
Shop carbon fiber parts for your build at www.seiboncarbon.com.
Follow Seibon Carbon on Facebook and Instagram!