5 Things You Didn’t Know About Carbon Fiber
1. Carbon fiber was first invented near Cleveland, Ohio in 1958.
2. Carbon fiber starts as thin strands of fiber that are finer than a human hair! These strands are twisted and then woven into carbon fiber fabric that can later be used to make just about anything from: vehicle components, display stands, chairs, tables, helmets, to even wedding rings!
3. Carbon fiber is a strong, stiff, lightweight material that has the potential of replacing steel.
4. Carbon fiber is so strong and lightweight that it’s often used in aviation, battleships, satellites, and rockets.
5. Carbon fiber is invisible in x-rays.
How many of these did you know?
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!