Formula Drift: Four-peat Win for Forsberg and Aasbo Finishes in First Place
Four-peat! Four-peat! Seibon Carbon driver Chris Forsberg podiums for the fourth consecutive time and Fredric Aasbo, who is also a Seibon driver, takes his first podium finish this season!
The unstoppable drivers qualified top of their class with 93 and 87 points, respectively. What better way of setting the tone than by getting ahead of the game?
Wall Speedway is one of those tracks that will destroy anything and anyone that doesn’t put up a good fight. Its 16 degree banked oval along the straightaway and 30 degrees on the turns make this course more than challenging.
Fredric Aasbo had the situation under control and finished 1st place while Chris Forsberg finished in 2nd.
The “Norwegian Hammer”, Aasbo, battled Tony Angelo (Top 32), Forest Wang (Top 16), Darren McNamara (Top 8), Charles Ng (Top 4), and Chris Forsberg for first place.
The “Force”, Forsberg, battled Joon Maeng (Top 32), Marc Landreville (Top 16), Conrad Grunewald (Top 8), Aurimas Bakchis (Top 4), and Fredric Aasbo for first place.
Next round will take place at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA on July 18 – 19.
Chris Forsberg’s Nissan 370z runs a Seibon Carbon hood, hatch, fenders, and set of doors.
2014 Formula DRIFT Professional Championship Standings after Round Four
1. Chris Forsberg Nissan 370Z 353.00 Points
2. Fredric Aasbo, Scion Racing tC 294.00 Points
3. Vaughn Gittin Jr., Ford Mustang RTR 288.00 Points
4. Kenneth Moen, Nissan 240SX 242.00 Points
5. Aurimas Bakchis, Nissan 240SX 189.50 Points
6. Justin Pawlak, Ford Mustang 173.50 Points
7. Forrest Wang, Nissan S14 164.50 Points
8. Darren McNamara, Nissan S14 153.00 Points
9. Robbie Nishida, Lexus SC300 151.50 Points
10. Conrad Grunewald, Chevrolet Camaro 141.50 Points
11. Tyler McQuarrie, Chevrolet Camaro 134.50 Points
12. Dean Kearney, Dodge Viper SRT 134.00 Points
13. Michael Essa BMW M3 131.00 Points
14. Ryan Tuerck, Scion FR-S 125.50 Points
15. Matt Field, Nissan 240SX 119.50 Points
* Seibon Carbon drivers in bold.