Seibon Carbon Drivers Win Round 5 of Formula Drift
It seems as if with a blink of an eye The Formula Drift Championship has taken a 360 degree turn with a new points leader to the championship.
Round 5 at Evergreen Speedway, WA concluded with Seibon Carbon driver Chris Forsberg taking 1st, Michael Essa 2nd, and Seibon Carbon driver Fredric Aasbo taking 3rd. This 1st place finish puts Chris Forsberg first in line for the championship and Daigo in third. If Chris keeps the momentum going he has an excellent chance at taking his second Formula Drift Championship (he took the championship in 2009).
This is not to say that everything is said and done. There are still two more rounds left and 3 points separating Chris and Daigo Saito. At this point anything goes.
Round 6 goes down on September 13-14 at Texas Motor Speedway.
Congratulations to Chris Forsberg and team!
Formula Drift Championship Standings After Round 5:
1. Chris Forsberg 388 Points
2. Michael Essa 386.50 Points
3. Daigo Saito 385 Points
4. Vaugh Gittin 367 Points
5. Fredric Aasbo 354.50Points
6. Justin Pawlak 345.50 Points
7. Darren McNamara 332.50Points
8. Aurimas Bakchis 294 Points
9. Matt Field 261 Points
10. Robbie Nishida 253 Points
11. Daijiro Yoshihara 244.25 Points
12. Kenneth Moen 234.50 Points
13. Conrad Grunewald 230.50 Points
*Seibon Carbon drivers in bold.
Get complete standings here: http://www.formulad.com/standings/2013.php