Seibon Carbon Formula D Drivers On a Winning Streak
It seems that the motto “can’t stop, won’t stop” was in full effect at Round 3 as not even a collision with Vaughn Gittin Jr in Top 4 could stop Daigo Saito from getting to the podium. With a broken door and positive camber on the right side of the car, Daigo took his Seibon equipped Lexus SC430 to 2nd place.
On his way to the podium Saito battled and defeated Patrick Goodin (Top 32), Forrest Wang (Top 16), Matt Field (Top 8), and Vaughn Gittin Jr. (Top 4). The Final Battle was against Michael Essa and his GSR Autosport BMW M5. After this round Daigo Saito is now standing in 1st place for the Championship Title with a total of 257 points.
Third place went to Saito’s Achilles Radial/Seibon Carbon teammate Robbie Nishida. One could say this was one of Robbie’s best performances in Formula Drift.
Like Saito, Robbie had his share of vigorous opponents: Chris Ward (Top 32), Justin Pawlak (Top 16), Seibon Carbon driver Dave Briggs (Top 8), Michael Essa (Top 4), and Vaughn Gittin for 3rd place.
Seibon driver Dave Briggs was also another driver who stole the spotlight at this event. Briggs reached his highest qualifying spot (8th place) and participated in Top 8, where he was defeated by Robbie Nishida.Congratulations to our drivers for another successful event.
Round 4 will take place at Wall Speedway in New Jersey on June 21-22, 2013.
Formula DRIFT Professional Championship standings after Round 3
1. Saito, Daigo Achilles Tire / Bridges Racing Lexus SC430 257 Points
2. Gittin Jr., Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 244 Points
3. Essa, Michael GSR Autosport / Yokohama BMW M3 241.50 Points
4. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Nissan 370Z 202 Points
5. Aasbo, Fredric Hankook Tire Scion Racing tC 197.50 Points
6. Yoshihara, Daijiro Discount Tire / Falken Tire Nissan S13 195 Points
7. Moen, Kenneth Lutz Performance / Nexen Tire Nissan 240SX 184 Points
8. Pawlak, Justin Falken Tire Ford Mustang 182.50 Points
9. McNamara, Darren Falken Tire Nissan S14 180.50 Points
10. Bakchis, Aurimas Nexen Tire Nissan S14 166.50 Points
11. Tuerck, Ryan Team Retaks / Maxxis Scion Racing FR-S 150.50 Points
12. Field, Matt CX Racing / Blacktrax Nissan 240SX 144.50 Points
13. Wang, Forrest Get Nuts Labs Nissan 240SX 136.50 Points
14. DeNofa, Chelsea BC Racing BMW 3 Series 130 Points
15. Nishida, Robbie Bridges Racing / Achilles Tire Lexus SC300 127.50 Points
16. Powers, Matt Nitto Tire / Fatlace Nissan S14 119 Points
*Seibon Carbon drivers in bold.*