Round 2: The Podium is Claimed
History repeats itself at Road Atlanta with two Seibon Carbon drivers taking the podium!
Last year, Fredric Aasbo took 2nd and Daigo Saito took 3rd at this event. This year, Daigo Saito went all in for a 1st finish and Darren McNamara was right behind him at 2ndplace.
Round 2 was an event full of controversy and epic runs (ex: Fredric Aasbo vs. Vaughn Gittin Jr.). The weather was not ideal because of the sporadic rain, but still Seibon Carbon drivers drove to the limit- the end result was six Seibon drivers in Top 10!
After a first place finish at Round 2, Saito is now 2nd overall in line for the championship and Darren McNamara stands third.
Formula DRIFT Championship Standings After Round 2:
1. Gittin Jr., Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 172 Points
2. Saito, Daigo Achilles Tire / Bridges Racing Lexus SC430 161 Points
3. McNamara, Darren Falken Tire Nissan S14 156 Points
4. Essa, Michael GSR Autosport / Yokohama BMW M3 141 Points
5. Yoshihara, Daijiro Discount Tire / Falken Tire Nissan S13 137 Points
6. Aasbo, Fredric Hankook Tire Scion Racing tC 136 Points
7. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Nissan 370Z 135 Points
8. Tuerck, Ryan Team Retaks / Maxxis Scion Racing FR-S 125.50 Points
9. Moen, Kenneth Lutz Performance / Falken Tire Nissan 350Z 120 Points
10. Powers, Matt Nitto Tire / Fatlace Nissan S14 119 Points
*Seibon Carbon drivers in bold.
Round 3 will take place at Palm Beach International Raceway, Florida on May 31st– June 1st.
Read Formula Drift’s complete press release here: http://www.formulad.com/blog/2013/fd-news/round-2-road-to-the-championship-results/