Kia Optima of the Year (2012) Revealed
Every year Optimaforums.com, the biggest Kia Optima forum around, nominates twelve builds for their “Ride of the Year Award”. Unlike most competitions where the judges do all of the voting, the choice was left to the forum’s members.
After two weeks of voting, the winner was announced. We present to you the 2012 Kia Optima of the year.
This build belongs to William Kornfeld from Lake Forest, CA. He has modified numerous cars like a ’98 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, ’04 ZX-6R, ’05 ZX-10R, ’07 Audi S4, and ’10 Scion xB.
The decision to purchase a Kia Optima came easy. It was its beautiful exterior and features at half the cost of a German sedan that closed the deal for William.
Within a few weeks of having the Optima, William already had a list of modifications he wanted to make. Some of which included a Seibon Carbon hood, trunk, and spoiler, Injen Intake, and TSW Nurburgring Wheels. Check out the full spec sheet below.
Seibon Carbon would like to congratulate William Kornfeld on winning the 2012 Ride of the Year Award. We look forward to seeing how his build will progress in 2013.
William Kornfeld’s 2012 Kia Optima SX
- Injen SRI Intake system
- HKS SSQ BOV
- HKS 50003 M40XL Spark Plugs
- Sterlin F1 Power Pack
- Concept 3 Prototype exhaust system
- Eneos 5w-40 Synthetic Oil
- Concept 3 LED Interior lights
- JL Audio XD600/1 with Bass Knob
- (2) JL Audio 12W3v3-4 in fiberglass/vinyl wrapped enclosure w/ custom false floor
- Viper 4104 Remote Start with Fortin EVO-All bypass module
- 3m Crystalline tint 5%
- Karbon Koncepts Trunk Umbrella Hooks
- Seibon Carbon TS Style Carbon Fiber Hood
- Seibon Carbon OE Style Carbon Fiber Trunk lid
- Seibon Carbon OE Style Carbon Fiber Trunk lip spoiler
- Custom Paint/Clearcoat done by Buddha Concept Design
- TSW Nurburgring’s – 20” x 8.5” wrapped with Hankook Ventus V4’s 235/35/ZR20
- Rebadged with KDM “3.0” K emblems – Front and Rear
- LX/EX Grille custom painted gloss black by Buddha Concept Design
- Concept 3 LED Exterior lighting – Switchbacks, Turn Signals, License plate, reverse lights
- Karbon Koncepts Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
- Karbon Koncepts Carbon Fiber rear Diffuser
- Karbon Koncepts Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
- KDM LED Daytime Running Lights
- KDM LED Rear reflectors
- Morris Club Roof Spoiler
- Concept 3 5K HID’s
- Brembo Custom Snow White Pearl Powder Coated 4-piston Calipers
- R1 Concept Premium line rotors – Drilled and Cryo Treated
- Ark GT-F Lowering Springs
- 19mm Neotech Rear Sway Bar
- Concept 3 Prototype Front Strut Tower Bar