Seibon Carbon Claims the Podium at Round 1 of Formula Drift
There is no better way of kicking off the Formula Drift season than by capturing the podium at Round1. This past weekend, at the infamous streets of Long Beach, Seibon Carbon drivers Daigo Saito and Matt Powers finished in 3rd and 4th place.
Daigo Saito took the podium 3rd place in the Seibon Carbon equipped Achilles Tires/Bridges Racing Lexus SC430 after an intense battle with Matt Powers for the last spot of the podium during the consolation round.
First place at the podium was taken Justin Pawlak in the Falken Tire Ford Mustang and Daijiro Yoshihara took second in the Discount Tire/Falken Nissan 240SX.
Congratulations to Seibon Carbon drivers Daigo Saito and Matt Powers on their big wins at Round 1! Additionally, Round 1 was a complete success with six of Seibon Carbon’s drivers finishing Top 12; to include Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg. Check out the list below for a breakdown on current point standings.
Formula Drift Professional Championship 2012 Point Standings:
1. Pawlak, Justin Falken Tire Ford Mustang 106 Points
2. Yoshihara, Daijiro Discount Tire / Falken Tire Nissan S13 92 Points
3. Saito, Daigo Achilles Tire / Bridges Racing Lexus SC430 78.50 Points
4. Powers, Matt Need for Speed / Nitto Nissan S14 69.50 Points
5. Tuerck, Ryan Team Retaks Nissan 240SX 66 Points
6. McQuarrie, Tyler Mobil 1 Camaro 64 Points
6. Millen, Rhys Hankook / Rhys Millen Racing Hyundai Genesis Coupe 64 Points
8. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Nissan 370Z 63 Points
9. Gushi, Ken Scion Racing Scion FR-S 62 Points
10. Moen, Kenneth Lutz Performance Nissan 350Z 61.50 Points
11. Grunewald, Conrad Hankook Tire Chevy Camaro 57 Points
12. Aasbo, Fredric Need for Speed / Papadakis Racing Scion TC 57 Points
12. Kado, Ryan Ryan Kado Racing Nissan 350Z 56 Points
14. Mohan, Kyle Nexen Tire / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8 55 Points
15. Bakchis, Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis Motorsports Nissan 240SX S14 54.25 Points
15. Yoshioka, Toshiki RS*R Nissan Silvia S15 54.25 Points
*Seibon Carbon drivers.
Get complete point standing here: http://www.formulad.com/blog/2012/fd-news/formula-drift-round-1-streets-of-long-beach-results/